Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbook_Open event not firing for Excel2K

I have a sheet originally developed with Excel2002 using the Auto_Open routine.
I then found that I needed to make this project work with the older version.

why wont this work?
*** in ThisWorkbook's module ***
Sub Worksheet_Open()
Stop 'for test
Auto_Open
End Sub
Sub WorkSheet_Close()
Stop 'for test
Auto_Close
End Sub

*** in a standard module ***
Public Sub Auto_Open()

Public Sus Auto_Close()

I have put "stops" in the code to verify that the routines are never getting
control.
I am forced to first open Excel2000 then load the sheet because excel2002 is
the version that is auto launched on dbl-click of a XLS file. (and the
Auto_'s work perfectly in that version.)

John