Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro in File halted All Visual Basic Settings?

I am posting for someone in our office who has a simple print macro, that all
of a sudden quit working. Not only that, but it shut down the entire visual
basic system within excel. If you go into Tools, Macro, Macros where you
would normally find all the named macros, nothing is in there at all. When
you bring up the visual basic editor, its a blank screen without any tools or
whatever. The security is set to low, so its not a problem with the security
in Excel. And the installation worked before.

Then, when this same file gets put on a different machine, the symptoms
described above has been reproduced. What is the cure first of all? Is it to
reinstall office? Or is there another setting to check somewhere?

The second question would be why did this occur, and how to avoid this
problem in the future?

Thanks,

Bruce