Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Avoid any input from user

Without protecting sheet, is there any way to avoid
any input for a particular cell? I tried with the validation
,but I can still copy and paste on the cell.
I want to use this cell just for display

SK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ben ben is offline

if you want to use vba you can use the worksheetselectionchange event
and everytime that cell is selected, move to another one before the user can
take an action

--
When you lose your mind, you free your life.
Ever Notice how we use '' for comments in our posts even if they aren''t

"Shinya Koizumi" wrote:

Without protecting sheet, is there any way to avoid
any input for a particular cell? I tried with the validation
,but I can still copy and paste on the cell.
I want to use this cell just for display

SK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi sk

You can put macro code in the change event that changes this cell back to
what you want. Macros needs to be enabled though and you'll have to write
pretty good code.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Shinya Koizumi" skrev i melding