Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default import xml using xmlmap WITHOUT linking to list

I would like to know if there's any way to import xml using a defined xmlmap
object without putting the date directly into a list, i.e., can one get to
the raw xml from the databinding source?

Also, I want to confirm that the xmlmap object itself doesn't indicate what
list it's bound to, that you need to go through the list object.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Currently I am researching the issue and we will reply here with more
information as soon as possible.
If you have any more concerns on it, please feel free to post here.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Based on my research, so far we need to create a list, if you want to map a
xml schema onto an excel sheet.
To do the map, we need a unit in excel to correspond to the xml schema, so
that when we import the xml file, we know how to import the data into excel
sheet.

Also based on my research, the OM of XMLMAP did not expose interface about
the association between list and xmlschema.
The DataBinding property indicates which xml file is being imported.

If you still have any concern, I think you need to send a feedback.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...ename=0&Type=2