Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "Advanced Filter runtime error"

Hi all.

I'm writing a programme to sort out rankings for players in sport, and
I'm looking to filter and copy a list so that I can separate players
who are too old from those who are still eligible.
I have a workbook with 12 worksheets in it, and 4 different subs behind
it (quite large). Each sub is virtually identical as they all perform
exactly the same task, but in a different quarter of the year. The
first two subs work perfectly, but when I come to the 3rd quarter of
the year, I suddenly get;

run-time error '1004'
the extract range has a missing or illegal field name

Even though the section of code is exactly the same as the previous two
quarters! The code is as follows;

' Filter those players still eligible into one table
Range("A12").Select
Range("A10:V100").AdvancedFilter _
Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Range("AA6:AV7"),
CopyToRange:=Range("AA11")

' Filter those players too old into a second table
Range("A12").Select
Range("A10:V100").AdvancedFilter _
Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Range("BA6:BV7"),
CopyToRange:=Range("BA11")

Any help that can be provided to solve this would be much appreciated.

Yours aye

MW

--
Martin Woods
Martin Woods's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31315

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it is identical, then copy the headers/field names from a working sheet
and paste them over the headers on the problematic sheet.

If Excel doesn't like what you have, you are not going to convince it
otherwise even it if "looks good" to you.

Tom Ogilvy

news:Martin.Woods.22wvtz_1139403603.8065@excelforu m-nospam.com...