Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting Question

I currently have a cell containing the following formula.

=RIGHT("000"&(T2),3)

This out puts a field like this: 00A

What I need is A00. I tried =LEFT but that didn't work.

Thanks for any help

--
denileig
denileigh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3021

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What might T2 contain? Is it just a single letter? What do you want t
return if T2 is blank?

Possibly

=T2&"00"

if T2 contains only one lette

--
daddylongleg
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3048

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=Left(T2&"000",3)

would be the equivalent that produces what you show.

If T2 is blank it would display 000

Tom Ogilvy

"denileigh" wrote
in message ...

I currently have a cell containing the following formula.

=RIGHT("000"&(T2),3)

This out puts a field like this: 00A

What I need is A00. I tried =LEFT but that didn't work.

Thanks for any help.

--
denileigh
denileigh's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509552

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmmm..that is the trick. Sometimes it might contain A or B and others
it might be BL or 1.

Whatever it returns I need the characters on the left with the
appropriate blank spaces at the end so that it makes 3 spaces and/or
characters total.

--
denileigh
denileigh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30211