Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Rename Files according to Excel

Hello. I am new to macros and such. I am trying to make an excel
spreadsheet that will convert files (with known names) into more
descriptively named derived from some cells in excel..I have no idea
where to start :(

--
nima
nima's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30408

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

nima,
assuming you have you all your data on a worksheet, something like:
Dim FileName As Range
For Each FileName In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Data").Range("FileNames")
Name FileName.Value As FileName.Offset(0, 1).Value
Next

You should error checking to ensure the the files exist, names valid, etc.

NickHK