Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating New Worksheets for identical cells

Hello,
I need help with the following.

I have a master report of all company employees. Example of the report
is:
Reg Dist Store EE# Name
REG03 007 0034 12345 JOHN DOE
REG03 007 0035 12345 JOE DOE
REG03 007 0040 12345 JOY DOE
REG07 010 0407 54321 JANE DOE
REG09 059 0320 67890 JILL DOE
REG03 087 0542 9876 JACK DOE

What I would like to do is have something, Macro/VBA/anything identify
all like cells in Dist and transfer those cells onto a new worksheet.
So now I'll have a worksheet that has only information for 007, 010,
059, and 087. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.

--
bhussey
bhussey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31244

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could apply a filter to the Dist column, selecting 007 - only these
would be displayed. Highlight the visible rows (including header), and
click <copy, then click into the sheet for 007 and paste - only the
employees matching 007 will be included on that sheet. Then in the
original sheet, select 010 for the filter and repeat. If you only have
the four values of Dist referred to in your posting, it should only
take a couple of minutes - quicker than developing VBA code for it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Pete,
Thanks for the help. The example only list 4 differences but on my real
report I'm looking at 100+.