Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro cannot be found

HI all,

I have a Excel template in which i have created a toolbar button and
assigned it a macro and saved it as template.

But when i create a new file based on the template and click on the
toolbar button the following message pops up.

"The macroc:\temp\sheets\Templatename1.xls!RemoveTitles cannot be
found"

Thanks
Nen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"nenzax" wrote:

Community Message Not Available

Look for VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLS) in Visual Basic or record a new macro and
chose to store it in PersnalNacro Workbook.

Assign that Macro to your toolbar button.

It will now work on "your mashine" but if you send it to another user excel
wount find your code from personal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How do i install this macro on every users machine ??

i am devloping a Excel solution(template) with macro's in it , i will
be placing it in a share so all the users go to this share and open a
xls.

is it possible to install this macro on to the users machine on opening
it for the first time.

Thanks
Nen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First, I would think that if you're sharing a macro, then instead of creating a
template file, you'd create an addin.

I usually use template files when there's stuff on worksheets that I need to
share and the macros in the template file are specific to that workbook.

If it's a bunch of general procedures with nothing that requires user to update
worksheets in the workbook, then I'd use an addin.

Then I can distribute the addin either emails (individual copies to each user)
or put it on a network drive (one addin--multiple users). The users can install
it via tools|Addins.

If you want to explore this idea...

If you want to add an option to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way
John Walkenbach does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nenzax,

I don't know about the macro not found, but here's what I do--it might
help you.

I create a workbook (.xls) with macros for team use and put the
workbook on a file share. The workbook has an "auto" macro that creates
one toolbar button assigning a macro to that button. The workbook also
has lots of other macros many with assigned shortcut keys. The workbook
is hidden much like PERSONAL.XLS. I also save the workbook with a
modify password and mark the file read only via the operating system.

Next, I have all team members create a shortcut to the workbook in
his/her XLSTART folder.

BTW, I also put my PERSONAL.XLS workbook on the network with a shortcut
to it in the XLSTART folder. That way I can "attach" to my PERSONAL.XLS
from any workstation.

HTH,

Art