Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA - How do I make the third column in a row the active

Hi Toppers
Thanks for that. Here is my currant macro
Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.Offset(0, 10)).Select

With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 37
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 3
Selection.Font.Bold = True

I'll add your code and see how I go.
Cheers
Brian

"Toppers" wrote:

Brian,
Assuming the active cell is (somewhere) in the row requiring
formatting then you could use:

Range("C" & ActiveCell.Row & ":G" & ActiveCell.Row).NumberFormat =
"dd/mm/yyyy" ' <==== set as a date format

Avoid selecting if possible as it is inefficient.

HTH

"BrianW" wrote:

Hi there
I want to create a macro that will select column C as my active cell
regardless of where my cursor is in that row.
For example, the cell I may have selected is say BB300 or G300 or Z300. When
I run my macro I want to select column "C" as my active cell so that I can
then select cells C300-G300 for custom formatting.
TIA