Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default on error resume next

Hi a very easy one:

sub gtt()
for a=1 to 10
cell(a,1)=cell(a,1)+cell(a,2)
cell(c,5)="Hola" ' if the line below is error DON'T go here
msgbox "Error en lo establecido " & cell(a,1) , vbokonly, "Error"
next 'if error goto this next
end sub

I want that if an error happens goto the "next" line, and not to the next
line
HHS
TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sub gtt()
on error goto AnError:
for a=1 to 10
cell(a,1)=cell(a,1)+cell(a,2)
cell(c,5)="Hola" ' if the line below is error DON'T go here
msgbox "Error en lo establecido " & cell(a,1) , vbokonly, "Error"
AnError:
next 'if error goto this next
end sub

on the basis that this is a limited loop it isn't too dangerous

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't see anything in your code that should be causing an error, unless the
cells don't contain numbers and you can check for that and avoid the error.
It is good practice to use the error handler as little as possible.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"tony h" wrote:

sub gtt()
on error goto AnError:
for a=1 to 10
cell(a,1)=cell(a,1)+cell(a,2)
cell(c,5)="Hola" ' if the line below is error DON'T go here
msgbox "Error en lo establecido " & cell(a,1) , vbokonly, "Error"
AnError:
next 'if error goto this next
end sub

on the basis that this is a limited loop it isn't too dangerous

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505378

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The code where I want to use what I asked is very long, I mean, I cant paste
it here, and oviously I don't want to use the on error goto....
I was thinking in a on error resume next but the next should mean the next
of the for, no the next line, How to accomplish this???

"tony h" wrote:

sub gtt()
on error goto AnError:
for a=1 to 10
cell(a,1)=cell(a,1)+cell(a,2)
cell(c,5)="Hola" ' if the line below is error DON'T go here
msgbox "Error en lo establecido " & cell(a,1) , vbokonly, "Error"
AnError:
next 'if error goto this next
end sub

on the basis that this is a limited loop it isn't too dangerous

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505378

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can essentially use Tony's code if you want. Place the on error goto
statement just ahead of the line(s) that will generate the error and
immediately after that put on error goto 0 which will reset the error
handler. You can also have multiple error handling routines if you want...

sub gtt()
on error goto AnError:
for a=1 to 10
cell(a,1)=cell(a,1)+cell(a,2)
cell(c,5)="Hola" ' if the line below is error DON'T go here
msgbox "Error en lo establecido " & cell(a,1) , vbokonly, "Error"
AnError:
next 'if error goto this next
On error goto MyError
'More code and stuff

Exit Sub
MyError:
msgbox "Whatever"
end sub

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"tony h" wrote:

sub gtt()
on error goto AnError:
for a=1 to 10
cell(a,1)=cell(a,1)+cell(a,2)
cell(c,5)="Hola" ' if the line below is error DON'T go here
msgbox "Error en lo establecido " & cell(a,1) , vbokonly, "Error"
AnError:
next 'if error goto this next
end sub

on the basis that this is a limited loop it isn't too dangerous

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505378

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

so what do you want to happen then?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"tony h" wrote:

sub gtt()
on error goto AnError:
for a=1 to 10
cell(a,1)=cell(a,1)+cell(a,2)
cell(c,5)="Hola" ' if the line below is error DON'T go here
msgbox "Error en lo establecido " & cell(a,1) , vbokonly, "Error"
AnError:
next 'if error goto this next
end sub

on the basis that this is a limited loop it isn't too dangerous

--
tony h
tony h's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Imagine this case:
A B C D
1 "HOLA"
2 1
3 6
4 25

WITH MY CODE:
sub gtt()
for a=1 to 10
cell(a,1)=cell(a,1)+cell(a,2)
cell(c,5)="Hola" ' if the line below is error DON'T go here
msgbox "Error en lo establecido " & cell(a,1) , vbokonly, "Error"
next 'if error goto this next
end sub

the part cell(a,1)=cell(a,1)+cell(a,2) is going to fail because "HOLA"+1=Error
but if I put something to tell VB to jump to the next value of the a and
continues all the code, all the code is executated well.
There are 2 way to acomplish this:
1. if isnumeric(cells(a,1))=true then
blalbalblablalbalba
else