Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems sending mail from Excel to Outlook

Hi, please can anyone help.

I've been using the fantastic code from Ron De Bruin at
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm, and have also got around the 5
second XP/Outlook 2003 security feature by using other code found at
www.excelforum.com...

..Display

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
Application.SendKeys "%S"

Rather than simply.....

..Send

Rather than sending mails in the background this displays each mail and
pauses for 1 second before sending it. It works just fine as long as
the spell-checker is turned off.

I'm not sure it's the code that is the problem, but maybe a setting
somewhere. It works (with slight adjustments) in Office 2000 and on my
old XP/Office 2003 machine.

However, I've just moved to a different role - apparently with the same
apps....XP and Office 2003, but instead of sending the mails it's just
opening each one and leaving it on screen.

I have things like the MS Outlook 11 library turned on etc, and have
tried adjusting some of the setting options in Outlook, but I just
can't get the thing to work!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might resolve this please?

AND - thanks you so much for all of the amazing and valuable knowledge
that you've shared in the past. I'm learning a lot, and I could not
have done it without you.......I just don't know the answer to this
problem - yet!

Wherever you are, I hope you're having a great day.

Chris

--
Big Chris

Very experienced with excel in general and formulae but just started to
learn VBA....and it's hard!!
Big Chris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1350
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504892

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Big Chris

SendKeys is not always reliable

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm

CDO is the best way if you can use it

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Big Chris" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom and Ron for your quick response, as we say in certain parts
of the UK, you're 'Diamond Geezers'.

I really thought I'd got the security thing sorted with SendKeys, but
it seems not. I can't load ClickYes as it's locked down PC and the
company are not too helpful in helping me to do my own comms thang (5
seconds per message takes abit long with 1,000 mails anyway).

My Outlook has fallen over just 24 hours into the new role, so I can't
even test anything yet - it'll take me some hours to work it all out
anyway.

In the meantime, thanks again for your superb support.

Regards,