Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I can't get my macro to run!

I'm sure the answer to this is straightforward, but I can't find out
where I'm going wrong! I've done a bit of VB in Excel but it's all been
very simple.

I've followed the "Create User Form Turtorial" from this site and
adapted it as I needed to. I'm assigning the macro to a button and need
to create a new module (according to the tutorial) and this is what I've
entered for the module.

Sub OpenCommentsandDiscipline()
frmComments.Show
End Sub

frmComments is the name of the User Form I've created. When I try and
run the macro I get a "Run-time error 424 Object Required" The
debugger goes straight to frmComments.Show and highlights it.

I can't see what the problem is... :(

--
NickNick
NickNick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25520

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi NickNick,

Check that the userform is named frmComments.

If the workbook did not contain a userform named frmComments, you would
receive the encountered error.

---
Regards,
Norman

"NickNick" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The user form is called frmComments

--
NickNick
NickNick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25520
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504182

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just check using object browser in VB code that the name is correct and
not UserForm1 or something. In my opinion userForm.name is a read-only
property and cannot be changed. More likely, the name is UserForm1 or
UserForm2 etc. I think frmComments could be the caption of the form and
not name. UserForm1.Show should work.

And if you have been able to change the name of the form to frmComments
from say UserForm1 please let me know how you did it.

A V Veerkar

--
avveerkar
avveerkar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30338

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

avveerkar:
And if you have been able to change the name of the form to frmComments
from say UserForm1 please let me know how you did it.

Open the form. Press F4 to bring up Properties. Make sure you're viewing
the Properties for the form itself. One item is (Name) - it's usually at
the very top. Put your desired name there, and it should rename the form in
the Project Explorer.

NickNick:
Check to make sure the form is accessible in the project you're working
with. Did you create the form in a different workbook that's also open?
Have you declared and set an object to frmComments? Have you tried
UserForms("frmComments")? Have you tried to Load first and then Show?

HTH
Ed

"avveerkar" wrote
in message ...