Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Easy one? Is there a "When" like argument?

Here is an easy one for someone smarter than I: If Cell A1=2 and Cell
B1=2 and Cell C1=A1+B1, currently equally 4. I am trying to find or
create a formula in Cell D1 that would argue:D1=WHEN(A1=10,C1=12) I am
trying to get a 12 kicked out in the above scenario. This is similar to
an IF statement, but if you plug IF in we know it will return a false
value. Any ideas or solutions?

--
xcelentform
xcelentform's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16889

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about

=IF(OR(A1=10,C1=12),...

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"xcelentform"
wrote in message

Here is an easy one for someone smarter than I: If Cell A1=2 and Cell
B1=2 and Cell C1=A1+B1, currently equally 4. I am trying to find or
create a formula in Cell D1 that would argue:D1=WHEN(A1=10,C1=12) I am
trying to get a 12 kicked out in the above scenario. This is similar to
an IF statement, but if you plug IF in we know it will return a false
value. Any ideas or solutions?

--
xcelentform
xcelentform's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504168

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the responses, but both replies override the computation in
C1. To clarify: I am trying to do a virtual array without physically
changing the table. C1 should always equal A1+B1, it's just that I am
trying to temporarily plug a different value in A1 and find out
temporarily what C1 would compute. I have a sheet that has over 30,000
programed cells and I do not want to write parrelel pages to run this
rather simple type of equation.

--
xcelentform
xcelentform's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16889
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504168

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Take a look at the Solver feature which may be of use here.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Some more clarification: A1 always equals 2, B1 always equals 2, C1
always equals (A1+B1) Here is the corected qustion D1 is asking:
D1=C1 WHEN(A1=E1). E1 is a typed in value that could be
changed, thus D1 would spit out a different number. If E1=10, then
accordingly you would get 12. The reason I say A1 always equals 2 is
because that is a chart and I do not want to change the chart. D1 is
simply asking "if it were changed, what would C1 be", without actually
changing the chart. The chart would still use all of it's formulas as
it normally would do. The "10" in the formula for D1 would be E1, so if
someone pluged in a 100 for E1, this D1 would return 102. Hope this
helps.