Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Grouping & Formula's

Hello,

Can anyone help me with this I'm not sure how to write a macro for this
procedure. Keep in mind that rows 2 and 3 when grouped are just variables, it
could be rows 3 & 4, 3:8, 2:10, etc...
What I am basically looking for is the first 6 rows on sheet1 (no matter how
rows are grouped) to show up on sheet2.
See below. Thanks.

AFAIK, it can't be done!

Try posting to the programming group to see if it can be done with code.

RD

"Gabe" wrote in message
Sorry about that little typo, you are correct the formula is
=INDIRECT("SHEET1!A1").

See when I group rows 2 and 3 on sheet1, I actually need sheet2 to reflect
the changes. For instance:

SHEET 1 (Notice how A2 & A3 are grouped)
A1 = 100
A4 = 400 (Now the value of 400 is next, this value should equal A2 on
sheet2)
A5 = 500 (This value should equal A3 on sheet2)
A6 = 600 (This value should equal A4 on sheet2)

SHEET 2
A1 = 100 (A1 on sheet1)
A2 = 400 (A4 on sheet1)
A3 = 500 (A5 on sheet1)
A4 = 600 (A6 on sheet1)

What formula(s) could I use instead of =INDIRECT("SHEET1!A1") to make that
happen? Or is there another way I could have excel do that?

Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks.

"RagDyer" wrote:

I can't duplicate your problem.

Of course, I also can't duplicate your posted formulas.
I assume you have a typo, and left out the second set of quotes:

=INDIRECT("SHEET1!A1)
=INDIRECT("SHEET1!A1")

With the correct formula:
=INDIRECT("SHEET1!A1")
And grouping the rows using
<Data <Group&Outline <Group
My Sheet2 *doesn't* change at all!

The display is identical ... before and after grouping rows 2 and 3.

What exact formulas are you using?

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-

"Gabe" wrote in message
Here is a good one...I've been stuck on this one for a while now...

I currently have two worksheets open.
On Sheet1 in cells A1:A6 I have a bunch of serial numbers (one serial

#
per
cell).
On Sheet2 in cells A1:A4 I have the following formulas,
=INDIRECT("SHEET1!A1) through A4.

SHEET 1
A1 = 100
A2 = 200
A3 = 300
A4 = 400
A5 = 500
A6 = 600

SHEET2
A1 =INDIRECT("SHEET1!A1) the value is 100
A2 =INDIRECT("SHEET1!A2) the value is 200
A3 =INDIRECT("SHEET1!A3) the value is 300
A4 =INDIRECT("SHEET1!A4) the value is 400

Now if I were to group cells A2:A3 on Sheet1, how do I get A2:A4 on

Sheet2
to read correctly? Or group with sheet1?

SHEET1
A1 = 100
A4 = 400
A5 = 500
A6 = 600

SHEET2
A1 =NOCLUE(!?!?) the value is 100
A2 =NOCLUE(!?!?) the value is 400
A3 =NOCLUE(!?!?) the value is 500
A4 =NOCLUE(!?!?) the value is 600

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.