Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default re-direct hyperlink event to WebBrowser Object in Excel

Hi there

I am trying to build an application based on Excel 2003.

What I want to do is have the Hyperlink load in a WebBrowser Obect
within a form.
At the moment when I click on a hyperlink the default viewer for that
item is launched.

I would like to be able to disable the Hyperlink Event and redirect it
to the Form.

I have tried everything I can think of ...

FollowHyperlink (Launched ie before any proceedure is carried out)
BeforeNavigate (Only available in WebBrowser Object)
Hyperlink.Delete (to remove the hyperlink after capturing it on Change)

etc etc

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't use a hyperlink. Put in text and format it to look like a hyperlink.
Use the selectionchange event. Look at the address of the target argument.
If it is your "cell", then execute the code to use the WebBrowser Object.
If not, do nothing.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there

I am trying to build an application based on Excel 2003.

What I want to do is have the Hyperlink load in a WebBrowser Obect
within a form.
At the moment when I click on a hyperlink the default viewer for that
item is launched.

I would like to be able to disable the Hyperlink Event and redirect it
to the Form.

I have tried everything I can think of ...

FollowHyperlink (Launched ie before any proceedure is carried out)
BeforeNavigate (Only available in WebBrowser Object)
Hyperlink.Delete (to remove the hyperlink after capturing it on Change)

etc etc

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately they have to be Hyperlinks as there
is another function that uses them. The Links are set up using <a href
'http://www..." Name </a so that the name appears not the address.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good luck.

Tom Ogilvy

"dave.bostock" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately they have to be Hyperlinks as there
is another function that uses them. The Links are set up using <a href
'http://www..." Name </a so that the name appears not the address.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks I have a feeling I am going to need it.