Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Turn Off Alert Before Overwriting Message Box

In a macro I save a workbook which overwrites another. The problem is every
time the macro is excuted, I get a message box asking if I want to overwrite
the existing file. Is there a way to turn this message off?

I've tried placing the following in my macro, but it has no effect:
Application.AlertBeforeOverwriting = False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try preceding with

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

and set back to True afterwards