Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Should Enum create a selection Box?

I've created a small enumeration the declaration section of a module:

Public Enum REOrderType
Level_1 = 1
Level_2 = 2
Level_3 = 3
Level_4 = 4
Profit_Objective = 5
Stop_Loss = 6
End Enum

I had expected that when I now type REOrderType = .... that I would get
a drop-down box presenting me with the options (otherwise I have to
remember exactly how I spelt all the options).

Am I doing something wrong?? Or, is this just the way it's supposed to
work?

Thanks!

Trip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

An Enum establishes a 'type' of a list. You then have to create a
variable of that type. So, if you have
Public Enum EROrderType
End Enum
sub abc()
dim x as REOrderType

Now, when you type in 'x=' (w/o the quotes), you will see the drop down
list.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article .com,
says...
I've created a small enumeration the declaration section of a module:

Public Enum REOrderType
Level_1 = 1
Level_2 = 2
Level_3 = 3
Level_4 = 4
Profit_Objective = 5
Stop_Loss = 6
End Enum

I had expected that when I now type REOrderType = .... that I would get
a drop-down box presenting me with the options (otherwise I have to
remember exactly how I spelt all the options).

Am I doing something wrong?? Or, is this just the way it's supposed to
work?

Thanks!

Trip

Excel 97 Enum Larry Dodd[_2_] Excel Programming 5 April 11th 05 11:15 AM
Enum Daniel[_4_] Excel Programming 3 December 22nd 03 12:30 AM
Enum in Excel 97 Rob Bovey Excel Programming 0 September 26th 03 11:02 PM
Enum in Excel 97 Chip Pearson Excel Programming 0 September 26th 03 10:03 PM