Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find a cell with date in it

I am interested in finding a cell with a specific date in it.
I have tried the following without any success.

Range("A20").Select
CurrentDate = ActiveCell.Value
Range("c32.cj32").Select
Selection.Find(CurrentDate).Activate

Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GB GB is offline

If nothing else, your second Range select, appears to be incorrectly
formatted. "c32.cj32" doesn't mean anything to the best of my knowledge. It
should use a colon "c32:cj32"

Might fix your prob.

"Roger B." wrote:

I am interested in finding a cell with a specific date in it.
I have tried the following without any success.

Range("A20").Select
CurrentDate = ActiveCell.Value
Range("c32.cj32").Select
Selection.Find(CurrentDate).Activate

Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

GB, thanks for your help in changing to a colon.

It appears that I need to change my question to one that is more flexible as
follows.

I am interested in getting a macro to find a cell in row 23 with a specific
date in it such as Fri, Jan 27, 06.

Roger