Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help on Macros

Hey Guys,

I am here again with a new problem.
I need to create a macro which can take the present date. Meaning, I
have a set of data. It consists of data for the present day and the
next day. Suppose I use a macro and filter it. Now, is there any method
which can select the present data in the dropdown list? Also this is a
never ending process. I mean to say, the dates in the excel for
everyday report changes everyday and the present date should be
selected.
Secondly, If I have a set of data, I filter it and is there any method
wherein I can select the variables in the filter and after copying the
sheet, I defilter and filter it and select the next variable in the
filter. Is there any way that irrespective of the number of variables
in the filter, the macro works for all the variables and stops for the
last one? Please help.
Also, I am not good at programming, hence, I use direct Macro recording
and least knowledgable about script. Please let me know in this contaxt.

Your quick help is appreciated and helpful for me.
Also, let me know the keyboard shortcut to rename the worksheet instead
of using the mouse, rename. Please help.
:)

--
praveen_khm
praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30364

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

praveen_khm Wrote:
[...]

Can some one please help me on this???

--
praveen_khm
praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30364
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502157

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want an answer, break your question into smaller questions. State
each very clearly. Post the first question. Get an answer. Then post the
next progressive question.

Right now you question is very general and hard to understand.

Now, is there any method
which can select the present data in the dropdown list?

did you mean Date instead of Data. If you meant Data, what do you mean by
in the dropdown. If you are applying a filter to data with a column that
contains date, then the unique dates in that column will be displayed in
that columns dropdown. However, this is basic knowledge for filtering and
you say your are doing that. So now everyone is confused and don't know
what you want.

the term variables in the filter is not meaningful. the filter dropdown has
a list of data constants for that column. It sounds like you might want to
loop through that unique list and apply each to the filter sequentially with
some intervening type of action taken for each filter setting.

In any event, I suspect most of what you want is he

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

Tom Ogilvy