Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Searching for records that end in a specific character

Hi;

I have a two sheet workbook. One sheet allows for the entry of search
criteria in the upper half and the search results in the lower half. The
other sheet contains the records that are searched.

I have a situation where in one field called Location, there are similar
values such as Rack 1, Rack 11, Rack 12, etc. If I want to search for rows
that only have Rack 1 in the Location and I put in Rack 1 into my search
field, rows that have Rack 1, Rack 11, etc. come up as hits. Is there a
wilcard or other character that allows me search for a speciific value like
"Rack 1" ? By the way I tried putting Rack 1 in quotes and itr did not help.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
--
JJFJR