Michael

Default Searching for a new line character.

Hey guys!

I was wondering if you could help me. I am trying to compare two lists of
numbers to one another and check for anomalies. I can only use excel
functions (no VB scripts :-( ).

I already wrote functions that will examine the data and mark whether the
data has leading zeroes, alpha characters, dashes, etc. However, I am having
difficulty finding a way to check and see if there is a newline character in
the data. Like when someone hit alt+enter to insert a newline in a cell.

How would you use the search function to find it? Or what is the ANSI
character code for a newline char?

I greatly appreciate any assistance you could offer.

Thanks,

-Michael