Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Until end of array ?

I have this array ArrayTextBoxMateriel(49,3) and I use this code to run through the array -

Do Until ArrayTextBoxMateriel(X, 3) = ""
Loop

But I just found out that it will also search place nr 50 to see if it is empty, if the
array is full but then it returns - Script out of range -.

I was thinking if it is possible to run through the array til the end, something
like this

Do Until ArrayTextBoxMateriel(X, 3) = "" or until end of array ??

--
Mit fotoalbum
www.photo.activewebsite.dk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For i = LBound(ArrayTextBoxMateriel) To UBound(ArrayTextBoxMateriel)
If ArrayTextBoxMateriel(i) = "" Then
Exit For
Else
Next i

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"SpookiePower" wrote in message
. dk...
I have this array ArrayTextBoxMateriel(49,3) and I use this code to run

through the array -

Do Until ArrayTextBoxMateriel(X, 3) = ""
Loop

But I just found out that it will also search place nr 50 to see if it is

empty, if the
array is full but then it returns - Script out of range -.

I was thinking if it is possible to run through the array til the end,

something
like this

Do Until ArrayTextBoxMateriel(X, 3) = "" or until end of array ??

--
Mit fotoalbum
www.photo.activewebsite.dk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GB GB is offline

That is obviously one route and a useful one. I tend to also keep a separate
variable that has the number of items actually in the array. So if the array
is sized to 49, and I am only using the first 30 items, I stop when I reach
the 30th item.

FYI, LBound and UBound if you haven't looked at the excel help yet, indicate
the lower bound and the upperbound of the array. The search below ensures
that you do not exceed the upperbound of the array. It prevents you from
going to the 50th position which hasn't been allocated.

One other reason that I keep track of the number of items in the array, is
so that I can quickly return the number of items in the array, as well if I
want to increase the size of the array, I use a redim preserve size of the
array times 2. Towards the higher end of the array usage, it reduces the
amount of time necessary to add a new item, although it could potentially
waste a lot of memory. For example if the maximum number of items I could
ever have in the array is 513, and I have resized the array to hold 1024
items, well, there are 511 locations that have gone to waste. *smirk*

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, it works :)