Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PAR PAR is offline

Default Compare workbooks

I have two workbooks which contains a list of names, id, issues- multiple
type of issues in this column, master record date, issue begin date and issue
end date . One workbook contains only records with a specific issue end date
(A) and the other contains records with issue dates the specific issue end
date (B).

I need to distinguish the name/id of people who have the specific issue in A
who do not have a record for the specific issue in B.

example
Sally Smith has Issue 1 enddate in workbook A, but does not have an issue
start date for Issue 1 in workbook B

Is there an easy way to compare these? I am currently trying to match the
records by hand but there are 4000 records in each workbook.

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Par,

One of the easiest methods is to make unique keys or lookups and then use
the sumif and if it is 0 then there is no issue.

I don't quite understand exact format of the workbooks so it is a little
difficult to gove an example.

--
HTHs Martin

"PAR" wrote:

I have two workbooks which contains a list of names, id, issues- multiple
type of issues in this column, master record date, issue begin date and issue
end date . One workbook contains only records with a specific issue end date
(A) and the other contains records with issue dates the specific issue end
date (B).

I need to distinguish the name/id of people who have the specific issue in A
who do not have a record for the specific issue in B.

example
Sally Smith has Issue 1 enddate in workbook A, but does not have an issue
start date for Issue 1 in workbook B

Is there an easy way to compare these? I am currently trying to match the
records by hand but there are 4000 records in each workbook.

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hard to be very specific, but

in workbook A in the next available column

=Sumproduct(--(B!$A$1:$A$4000=A1),--(B!$C$1:$C$4000=C1),--(B!$E$1:$E$4000<E1
))

Column A is a name or id identifier, Column C is an issue identifier and
Column E is the date.

This is a general concept which you will need to adapt to your situation.
It will return the count of records in B meeting the conditions for the row
containing the formula. You then drag fill this down the column.

Tom Ogilvy