Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default change event

Hi Group,

I am new to programming so please bear with me
I am trying to force the contents of cell A1 to the center header field
everytime the cell is changed. I have written the code to place the contents
into the header but need help with the change event. I am getting a syntax
error.
TIA for the help and any advise to improve my skills
Header code
Sub HeaderFromCell()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = _
Format(Worksheets("Action List").Range("A2").Value)
End Sub
Change code
If Target.Cells = (2, 1)Then HeaderFromCell ()

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GB GB is offline

If you have provided actual code and not pseudo code, then the problem is in
your if statement testing for the cell location.

Try

if Target.cells.row = 2 and Target.cells.col = 1 then HeaderFromCell()