Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default IF = text Show "NIL" ..?

A new problem has arisen.

I want to create a formula that will check if a certain cell has any
text and if so show that text in another cell. If there is no text, I
want excel to show nothing. I think standard is 0.

Any ideas..?

--
JonatanRaven

JonatanRaven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30425
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=500994

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See one answer in response to your post in m.p.e.misc.

Please don't post the same question in multiple newsgroups. It tends to
fragment any answers you receive, and it potentially wastes the time of
those answering questions that have already been answered.

For tips on using these groups effectively, see

http://cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm

In article ,
JonatanRaven
wrote:

A new problem has arisen.

I want to create a formula that will check if a certain cell has anytext and
if so show that text in another cell. If there is no text, Iwant excel to
show nothing. I think standard is 0.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes zero is the correct answer in this case. However you are asking the
formular to put it in another cell (in this case we will say cell D1),
I can only guess you are trying to say that for example the information
is in C1 and the formular is in D1 and you are saying that if A1 = B1
then put that information in cell D1 if that is the case then yes zero
is correct. The way that I normally would do it is
=if(A1=B1,C1,if(A1=B1,D1,0)). I hope this is of help to you but please
bare in mind I am only new to this bussines of helping other people I
am normally asking other people for help. But I am only to happy help
if I can.

Paul Maynard

Moscow

--
paulrm906
paulrm906's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28776

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JE McGimpsey Wrote:
See one answer in response to your post in m.p.e.misc.

Please don't post the same question in multiple newsgroups. It tends
fragment any answers you receive, and it potentially wastes the time
of
those answering questions that have already been answered.

For tips on using these groups effectively, see

http://cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm

Yes, sorry, I was a bit too quick to reload and I didn't realize I'd
posted it in two different categories..

I got the help I needed, thx..