Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with lookup or if functions

OK - I have about 15 different cells which contain numerical values. If
any of the cells are outside of the ranges I have set up with
validation, then I would like a text phrase to appear at the bottom of
the document.

I can use the "if" function to program the text phrase to appear, but
it only works with up to seven of the cells. Someone indicated that
the lookup function may work, but I can't seem to get it to.

Any ideas? See below for more info.

Value Range
1 0-1
2 0-2
3 0-1
4 0-8
5 0-2
6 0-2
7 0-1
8 0-9
9 0-3
10 0-7

In this example, since # 3 is outside of the spec. range, I would like
to enter the text "Out of Range" at the bottom of the worksheet. The
"out of range" needs to be entered if ANY of the values are outside of
the spec. range.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

--
tsammons
tsammons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30335

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use Data Validation on column A with a Custom formula of

=AND(A2=--LEFT(B2,FIND("-",B2)-1),A2<=--MID(B2,FIND("-",B2)+1,7))

--

HTH

RP

"tsammons" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I simplified the spreadsheet -

The cells that contain the actual values are not even in the same
column or row - they are spread out throughout the entire worksheet.