Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Pagefield multi-select? (Excel 2003)

Hello,

I have built a Pivot table on data stored in a massive table in
another Excel sheet.

I have 5 pagefields, but problem is that I cannot get these fields to
use multi-select (checkboxes). I can only choose 'all' or one specific
value.

Using Excel 2003, is this possible? I have not used any VBA in making
the pivot, only 'regular' excel functionality.

Regards,
-NorTor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave!

That works, though not quite as elegant as having checkboxes in front
of the pagefield dropdown :-)

I guess there is no way than doing a 'shortcut' like this.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
NorTor

NorTor wrote:

Hello,

I have built a Pivot table on data stored in a massive table in
another Excel sheet.

I have 5 pagefields, but problem is that I cannot get these fields to
use multi-select (checkboxes). I can only choose 'all' or one specific
value.

Using Excel 2003, is this possible? I have not used any VBA in making
the pivot, only 'regular' excel functionality.

Regards,
-NorTor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I usually weasel out.

I insert a new column and use a formula that evaluates to true/false. Then I
just change the formula to what I want, refresh the pivottable and show the
trues.

That helper column formula can be as complex as I need it to be.

NorTor wrote:

Hello,

I have built a Pivot table on data stored in a massive table in
another Excel sheet.

I have 5 pagefields, but problem is that I cannot get these fields to
use multi-select (checkboxes). I can only choose 'all' or one specific
value.

Using Excel 2003, is this possible? I have not used any VBA in making
the pivot, only 'regular' excel functionality.

Regards,
-NorTor

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or, you can double-click on the page field button, and select items to
hide, as shown he

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html#Page

NorTor wrote:

Hello,

I have built a Pivot table on data stored in a massive table in
another Excel sheet.

I have 5 pagefields, but problem is that I cannot get these fields to
use multi-select (checkboxes). I can only choose 'all' or one specific
value.

Using Excel 2003, is this possible? I have not used any VBA in making
the pivot, only 'regular' excel functionality.

Regards,
-NorTor

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Geez, if there were only some way to get all these tips in a nice consolidated
location.

Oh, my!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...67040?n=283155

Congratulations!

NorTor wrote:

Hello,

I have built a Pivot table on data stored in a massive table in
another Excel sheet.

I have 5 pagefields, but problem is that I cannot get these fields to
use multi-select (checkboxes). I can only choose 'all' or one specific
value.

Using Excel 2003, is this possible? I have not used any VBA in making
the pivot, only 'regular' excel functionality.

Regards,
-NorTor

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Haha, nice one!

In fact I was searching through Amazon just minutes before posting my
original post; and ended up ordering exactly your book Debra! Really!

Thank you both for your tips, I was aware of the 'hide' possibility;
will stick with one of your suggested solutions until Office 12 is out
(I hear this has the checkboxes also for pagefields).

Best regards,
NorTor

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:17:00 -0500, Debra Dalgleish
wrote:

Thanks!

NorTor wrote:

Hello,

I have built a Pivot table on data stored in a massive table in
another Excel sheet.

I have 5 pagefields, but problem is that I cannot get these fields to
use multi-select (checkboxes). I can only choose 'all' or one specific
value.

Using Excel 2003, is this possible? I have not used any VBA in making
the pivot, only 'regular' excel functionality.

Regards,
-NorTor

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you!

Excel Program Manager, David Gainer, has been writing about Excel 12
pivot tables recently:

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/

NorTor wrote:
Haha, nice one!

In fact I was searching through Amazon just minutes before posting my
original post; and ended up ordering exactly your book Debra! Really!

Thank you both for your tips, I was aware of the 'hide' possibility;
will stick with one of your suggested solutions until Office 12 is out
(I hear this has the checkboxes also for pagefields).

Best regards,
NorTor

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:17:00 -0500, Debra Dalgleish
wrote:

Thanks!