Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbooks.Open fails

Hi,

My problem:
I have an excel file, that is for data presentation only. It collects
data from outside sources (other excel files) by selecting values from
a dropdown menu. This file will go to the intranet and users should be
able to access it. I linked it to the intranet and the file opened
correctly in the brouser. Now when the data collecting stage comes, it
gives this error:
Run-time error '1004':
Method 'Open' of object 'Workbooks' failed

As I understand, the brouser failes to open temporarily the other
workbook.
All the files are located on one network drive, I use the full server
names for the macro.

The row causing the error is:
Workbooks.Open "//servername.net/folder/folder/folder/file.xls"

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks to everyone, any help is needed
Juuljus