Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy and paste formulas that apply to multiple worksheets

i have 7 work sheets that are all have information that is going on a master
sheet. i have a the equation written that adds the sum of say cell A1 on all
7 sheets. but when i copy and paste it it doesn't update the row number
(i.e. instead of being the sum of all A2, it just pastes all A1 info). How
do i fix this!!?? Help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I have tried your problem and do not get it.
I guess that there is a problem in the formula.
I have tried
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet7!A1)
this copies correctly
If i try
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet7!$A$1)
the problem occurs

Hoop this helps,

Executor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ok, here is the idea: sheet1boxA1+sheet2boxA1+sheet3boxA1+etc. then taking
that formula and moving it forward throughout the sheet. i.e-
sheet1boxA2+sheet2boxA2+sheet3boxA2 and so on and so forth, all going to the
master worksheet. does that help ?