Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a way to install Excel if I use XP?

I am using Windows XP but I want to install Excel for free (if possible) is
there any way I can do this online or do I need to buy a disk?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Will have to buy. Why/how could it be free?

RBS

"Ms. Nae" <Ms. wrote in message
I am using Windows XP but I want to install Excel for free (if possible) is
there any way I can do this online or do I need to buy a disk?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Open Office has a pretty good spreadsheet application and is free for
the downloading. It doesn't do everything Excel does, but it does
enough for a lot of people and is free (legally).

Szalapski

--
TommySzalapski
TommySzalapski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25561

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel is not a free program, nor is it part of Windows. You must
purchase it separately.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ms. Nae" <Ms. wrote in message
I am using Windows XP but I want to install Excel for free (if
possible) is
there any way I can do this online or do I need to buy a disk?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank's for your responses. I was just looking for a cheap way out, but I
guess I'll have to go buy it. :-)

"Ms. Nae" wrote:

I am using Windows XP but I want to install Excel for free (if possible) is
there any way I can do this online or do I need to buy a disk?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ms. Nae,
MS Office is the normal way to go, although I know we have a Word 2000 only
CD, so Excel only may be/have been available. But that would severely
limited Excel's usefulness in interacting via automation.

NickHK

"Ms. Nae" <Ms. wrote in message
I am using Windows XP but I want to install Excel for free (if

possible) is
there any way I can do this online or do I need to buy a disk?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But that would severely
limited Excel's usefulness in interacting via automation.

You statement might be construed to indicate that Excel would be
limited. This is not correct. When you buy Excel alone, not part
of the Office suite, you still get the full version of Excel,
complete with support for automation to/from any application that
supports COM.