Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default a letter equal to a number

Hello out there

Working on a schedule for my teachers:
1 means the student attended the lesson and will get paid
A means the teacher cancelled the lesson and the teacher will not get paid

The number multiplices a certean number (in this case 25 min X 1), A does
nothing
This works, But!
S should mean that the student was ill, and couldn´t come, but the teacher
gets paid anyway!
M should mean that the student didn´t show up without any message given and
the teacher gets paid anyway!

So who do I get 1 to be equal with S and M...?

All the best
--
Grenaa Music School
Denmark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=or(A1=1,A1="M",A1="S")*25

if for a single column

=SUM(COUNTIF(A:A,{1,"M","S"})*25)

Tom Ogilvy

"Grenaa Music school" wrote in
message ...
Hello out there

Working on a schedule for my teachers:
1 means the student attended the lesson and will get paid
A means the teacher cancelled the lesson and the teacher will not get paid

The number multiplices a certean number (in this case 25 min X 1), A does
nothing
This works, But!
S should mean that the student was ill, and couldn´t come, but the teacher
gets paid anyway!
M should mean that the student didn´t show up without any message given

and
the teacher gets paid anyway!

So who do I get 1 to be equal with S and M...?

All the best
--
Grenaa Music School
Denmark