Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can an Excel macro be automatically run based upon data in a cell?

I'm trying to poke a DDE message to RSLINX from Excel based upon whether a
cell in Excel contains the value 1 or 0. The value in the cell changes based
upon a DDE link to a timer running on an Allen Bradley PLC (Micrologix 1100).
I have a macro that can deliver the message but it must be initiated
manually. Is there a way to launch the macro automatically?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe that if you provide a macro name to the OnData property
of the Application object, that macro will run when a DDE update
is made. E.g.,

Sub AAA()
Application.OnData "DoDDE"
End Sub

Sub DoDDE()
' do something

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"chasedan" wrote in message
I'm trying to poke a DDE message to RSLINX from Excel based
upon whether a
cell in Excel contains the value 1 or 0. The value in the cell
changes based
upon a DDE link to a timer running on an Allen Bradley PLC
(Micrologix 1100).
I have a macro that can deliver the message but it must be
initiated
manually. Is there a way to launch the macro automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Take a look at the Worksheet_Change and _Calculate events in the VBA
editor, or press F1 and search for them in Help.

These may suffice for what you need to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming