Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Last Saved By property

I'm trying to set the Last Saved By property of several workbooks.
From another post on this newsgroup, I tried using:

ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Author").Value = "Jane
Smith"

but then after

ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWorkbook.Close

the Last Saved By gets reset to the original name. So.... how can I
change the name that Excel thinks is me? That is, if Excel thinks I'm
"John Doe" for purposes of Author and Last Saved By, how can I change
that to say, "Jane Smith"? Is that a Windows setting? Thanks.

Also, when I right-click an Excel file and choose Properties, in the
Properties dialog that appears, for some Excel files there are General,
Custom, and Summary tabs, and for others there is only the General tab.
Strange. Is this because they were created with different versions of
Excel or something? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The last saved by property is read only... There is no way to change it...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

I'm trying to set the Last Saved By property of several workbooks.
From another post on this newsgroup, I tried using: