Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ram Ram is offline

Default Code to Advance filter a list in a shared workbook

I was looking for help on how I could advance filter a list in a shared work
book.

When I use advanced filter I receive runtime error 1004.
If i hide rows it run very slow with 20 thousand rows.

Thanks in advance for any help.

and thanks to everyone who has helped me with this project over the last
month. It is just about complete. (until they decide to change everything)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You said that Advanced filter was greyed out in a shared workbook. Thus,
you will not be able to overcome this by using VBA.

There has been all kinds of fast code posted for hidding rows. With no
other information, such as what code is slow, how your data is laid out,
what you are trying to do, you are invited to query the archives.

Tom Ogilvy

"ram" wrote in message
I was looking for help on how I could advance filter a list in a shared

work
book.

When I use advanced filter I receive runtime error 1004.
If i hide rows it run very slow with 20 thousand rows.

Thanks in advance for any help.

and thanks to everyone who has helped me with this project over the last
month. It is just about complete. (until they decide to change everything)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ram Ram is offline

I have a table where I use advance filter to show only agent names where
column A equals the value of column A1. This works until I share the workbook
when I share the workbook I get runtime errror 1004.

To get around the error I asked and received code that would allow me to
hide all rows where the value in column A did not = the value in A1. The code
works fine however it is slow when I try to hide 20 thousand rows of data.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

For i = 1 to Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row
If Cells(i,"A").Value < Range("A1").Value Then
Rows(i).Hidden = True
End If
Next i