Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating spreadsheet of Outlook emails

New to this, so if you know of helpful relevant links and info, please
tell me. I havn't been able to find much info.

Code he http://mejobloggs.pastebin.com/497155
A lot of it is copied from some examples around the net, but they
didn't really explain things.

my emails in an excel spreadsheet for easy viewing. I want to be able
to run the macro to get all emails from the mailbox. I will then delete

all the emails in the inbox, because they are now in the spreadsheet.
Whenever my mailbox gets too full, I will just repeat the process, and
all the emails will be added to the spreadsheet. I want the spreadsheet

to be sorted by date automatically.

Also want to remove any duplicate emails.

Mainly I just want general advise on how to do all this. Should I be
properly?

Problems:
The sorting. It doesn't work properly. Example:
(Dates of emails in spreadsheet)
28.11.2005 09:44
27.10.2005 04:49
27.09.2005 07:00
26.12.2005 10:28
26.11.2005 07:27
26.08.2005 17:35
25.12.2005 02:48
25.11.2005 11:46
25.10.2005 12:06
24.11.2005 02:48
23.10.2005 01:13

Seems to be sorting it by day. No idea how to fix it.

I have the olMail.EntryID to check for duplicate emails, but I am not
sure how to go about it. Do I load all emails into the spreadsheet,
then set it to delete duplicates from the spreadsheet? Or do I stop the

duplicate from writing to the spreadsheet in the first place? It
already takes a while to run, so I wan't to do it in a way that works
quickly.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel really is NOT the tool for doing something like this. Why not just
create an archive directory on your local drive and archive your old e-mails
into there. Outlook has a bunch of options to make this easy and fast.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Because that means I have to open up every email in the folder to look
it it. I want a way I can quickly browse a number of old emails