Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Define User Access Levels to Workbooks

Scenario:

I have a Workbook which works as an index page of a system that I have
designed for my company based on very little VBA knowledge. The page is
a series of buttons acting as hyperlinks to open the other
documents..... in all 15 Workbooks divided into Sales, Accounts,
Warehouse management etc......

Question 1. Can I create a User Name & Password at a start page that
provides access to my index page?

Question 2. If so Can User Names and Passwords be created to allow
different access levels i.e a Warehouse login can not see Accounts
links and an Accounts login cannot see warehouse links etc...?

In this instance the password for an Accounts employee would need to
give access to 4 different workbooks - can this be set to automatically
"unlock" them so that the password prompt doesn't come up each time a
workbook is opened

Question 3. I would also need to create a Master Password for Admin.

Question 4. does this make sense?

Question 5. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you really mean "an X login cannot see Y links", then no, it doesn't
make sense.

All modes of XL protection are easily cracked by anyone with gumption
enough to find these newsgroups. Nothing you can do will provide a
secure method of keeping the mildly curious out of places you don't want
them:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

OTOH, there are any number of examples of this type of system in the
archives. None of them are secu

http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...ugroup=*excel*