Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Corrupt Excel File

stephanie -

6MB is probably not the problem as i've used bookmuch larger w/o incident.
could be the new pages are causing something in your macros to go awry.
in generaL, XL doesn't seem to like many many changes to the same workbook-
i guess things get gunked up behind the scenes.

you could open, update, saveas "week 1.xls" - then open "week1.xls" update,
saveas "week2.xls", etrc etc rather than copy all sheets to a new file
everytime. this is what I do with a large model I run each week. (and this
way I have a working copy of the model so I can rerun for historical results
if needed)
or you could save a clean copy of the model as a template, open a new
template file, update and save. this might simplify things.

just an idea or 2 - voodooJoe

"Stephanie Colasurdo" <Stephanie wrote
in message ...
I have an excel application that is about 6.5M in size. I run this
application once a week to pull in data from a number of files, it
updates the worksheets, then copies all the worksheets unto a new
workbook. The problem is that sometimes when I save the base file (the
one with the macro in it) when I open it to process data again the file
does not open. I receive an excel message that the file is being
repaired, but then get a message that the errors are too extensive. I am
at
loss on how to troubleshoot this. Could file size be an issue? This is a
new problem that was introduced after adding more tabs and data to the
spreadsheet.

Luckily, I saved a version that I can open up and run with then save it as
another name so I don't lose it. The problem is I am going to need to make
code changes. and I don't want to lose 1500 lines of code. Any thoughts?