Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA code for different versions of Excel

I am creating Excel Spreadsheets that are used by several users around
the world. They run different versions of Excel (2000, XP, 2003, etc)
and use different language versions of Excel.

It seems that macros created in Excel XP or 2003 doesn't work as
intended in all versions of Excel; I understand that although the VBA
code is common, earlier versions of Excel doesn't recognize all
features. My problem is: how do I know what features are not supported
between versions.

My prime concerns are about:
- making sheets visible (or hidden)
- Paste Special Values
- sorting (where it seems recording macros in XP and 2003 adds lines to
the BVA code that are not supported).

Is there a list of differences available somewhere?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

You must write and/or test code in the earlest version it will run on. All
other solutions (lists, memory, ...) is like working blindfolded.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"AndersW" skrev i melding
oups.com...