Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need Help Using/Calling DLL Please

Sorry if this appears twice but I keep getting a server error when
trying to post through Google Groups

Hello all,

I could use some help here...

I have a dll called LindAccessComponent.dll which is registered with
Windows and included as a reference under Tools - References.

I'm copying the code from VB6 to VBA but can't get it to work.

In VB6 FormMain loads and does this in Form_Load()...
Set iConnect = New LIND_ACCESS_COMPONENTLib.LindAccess
Set iLeg = iConnect
Set iOrder = iConnect
Set iCheck = iConnect

and in the form's declaration section there is this...
Public WithEvents iConnect As LIND_ACCESS_COMPONENTLib.LindAccess
Dim iOrder As LIND_ACCESS_COMPONENTLib.iOrder
Dim iLeg As LIND_ACCESS_COMPONENTLib.iLeg
Dim iCheck As LIND_ACCESS_COMPONENTLib.iCheck

and as a result any procedure within the form that uses iConnect, etc.
knows what iConnect is.

In Excel VBA I have done this...
In Sheet2's declaration section I have....
Public WithEvents iConnect As LIND_ACCESS_COMPONENTLib.LindAccess
Public iOrder As LIND_ACCESS_COMPONENTLib.iOrder
Public iLeg As LIND_ACCESS_COMPONENTLib.iLeg
Public iCheck As LIND_ACCESS_COMPONENTLib.iCheck

In ThisWorkbook I call a sub from Workbook_Open() that does...
Set iConnect = New LIND_ACCESS_COMPONENTLib.LindAccess
Set iLeg = iConnect
Set iOrder = iConnect
Set iCheck = iConnect

BUT... whenever I try to use iConnect.anything I get an "Object
Required" error. What am I doing wrong?? If I put Set iConnect = New
LIND_ACCESS_COMPONENTLib.LindAccess in each proceudre it works - but
I'm pretty sure that this is not the right way to do it.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!