Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default interesting solver problem.

Hi all!

Why is my solver working only one time and then crashing? What I mean
is that I have to shut down my Excel before it will solve again.

For example:
A1 = 2
B1 = 2
C1 = A1 + B1

Then solve that so, that C1 = 8 by changing cell B1. Of course the
answer is 6 and the solver will find that answer. OK. Then I keep the
solver's answer. Then I change the value in cell B1 back to a 2 again
and try to solve it again. (this is a stupid example but at least you
get the point). Now the solver says: Error in model. Please verify that
all cells and constraints are valid. I don't quite understand this. Why
is it not solving it for the second time?

If I save that document. Close it. Open it again and then try to solve
it, the same message will apper. IF I copy/paste those cells into
worksheet 2, then I can solve it again for 1 time :)

Really interesting problem. I found this on the internet:
Error in model. Please verify that all cells and constraints are valid.
(13)

This message means that the internal "model" (information about the
adjustable cells, target cell, constraints, Solver options, etc.) which
is created by the Solver.xla add-in and passed to Solver32.dll is not in
a valid form. You might receive this message if you are using the wrong
version of either Solver.xla or Solver32.dll, or if you have
accidentally modified the values of certain hidden defined names used
by the Solver, either interactively or in a VBA program. To guard
against this possibility, you should avoid using any defined names
beginning with "solver" in your own application.

I have installed the whole office again -- .xla .dll files sould be
OK. That leaves number two -- I have accidentally done something that
messes everything up (OR some program I have has done that)

Any suggestions?

--
dippadaa
dippadaa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30260