Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "Enter Key"

I have a cell with combo box (data validation). When I choose an item
from this drop down list, It puts a number in cell G10. When there is a
number in G10 and I press ENTER on the keyboard, various other cells in
this sheet do a "LOOKUP" function on different sheets throughout the
workbook. What I'd like to know if there is a way, when a number is put
into G10, that excel will "enter" it without me having to press the
ENTER key on keyboard?

--
cbrd
cbrd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30009

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well all the Functions on the sheet work fine when the G10 chang
occurs, theres also a Macro for the worksheet that doesnt seen to wor
whithout pressing enter

--
cbr
cbrd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a problem with the worksheet change event firing in xl97 when the
change is through Data|Validation and the DV relies on a list on a worksheet.

Is that the macro that you're hoping to run?

Debra Dalgleish shows the problem and offers a workaround at:
http://contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Change

cbrd wrote:

Well all the Functions on the sheet work fine when the G10 change
occurs, theres also a Macro for the worksheet that doesnt seen to work
whithout pressing enter.

--
cbrd
cbrd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30009
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498911

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If i remove the Data Validation and enter the number in manually the
macro runs fine. I dont know much about sheet change events. Do I have
to set it to True or False, or will that not help?