Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default create formula to compare cell 1 with a range of cell

I am trying to create a formula that compares Cell A2 to cell Range B2:B25,
so that if A2=B2:B25, it returns true, else it returns false and copy the
formula all the way way down in Column A. Currently I am using the IF
function. But it doesn't really work the way I want. It's only doing a cell
by cell comparison. I am putting the formula in Cell C2, at this point it is
check to see if Cell A2=B2, if it matches then it returns true. In Cell C3,
it returns true if Cell A3=B3. But I want to check if A3=A2, A3=A3, A3=A4
etc. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I also like to do
=if(or(a2=b2:b25),"Found,"Not Found") then enter it as an array formula
(press shift enter at the end). I guess you could this or the above
formula depending on your exact use.

-Andrew V. Romero