Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel error when called from vb script

I have a script that is run both locally and via remote desktop
and accesses an xls file. The access is pretty simple.
It finds a row and adds some text to various cells.

We have no problems when run locally.

However, when run via Remote Desktop, (and we believe when and
only when the remote desktop is minimized or not active on any other desktop)
we get an error msg:
"Not enough system resources to display completely."

The failure is occuring somewhere in these lines:

objDE_Excel.DisplayAlerts = vbFalse
objDE_Excel.Save
objDE_Excel.DisplayAlerts = vbTrue

I'm 90% sure it's failing on the first line, the DisplayAlerts = vbFalse.

I'm using this function because this is a shared workbook and without it,
we continually get a SaveAs dialog box which requires interaction.
Script needs to run automatically.

Any ideas ?

--
TIA