Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disabling or capturing a Delete Sheet command

I have a workbook with a few pages that I do not want to allow the user to
delete, but other sheets (ones that the user adds) I want to allow the user
to delete.

I cannot find a "Before_Sheet_Delete" event, or anything similar to it.

Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance!!

Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I would protect the workbook (not worksheet), then provide a macro to
add and delete sheets.

Then the macro can validate the request and block them if it's not right.

Your macro would unprotect the workbook, do its stuff, and then reprotect the
workbook.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Originally, I did that. However, I wanted the user to have the ability to
re-arrange the order of the individual worksheets.