Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default validation help with drop down

Thanks in advance
I have been assigned to design our Fire Department montly schedule.
have a template that we currently use. It use validation to make a dro
down list of employees to choose from. It works great but has room fo
human error such as selecting same person twice.
Now to the question is there a way when selected name is used it wil
not appear on list.

Once again thanks
Ralp

|Filename: ACREW.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4187

lilralp
lilralph's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2994
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49839

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ralph,
You say: "validation to make a drop down list of employees to choose
from", that's your key right there.....you need to change that list
each time a name is used, but not knowing how you've done *that*, I
don't think we can advise you further.
I'd say 'more details' are needed.
Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I need to fill out schedule out for a 10 day month schedule. 1 name per
day. what is needed is to have a list of 30 employee per calander day
and once employee is picked they will be removed from list

--
lilralph
lilralph's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29949

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ralph,
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear, the details I was looking for were
regarding how you load the drop down with the names.
Is it a worksheet function, or vba? If it's vba are you setting the
control to grab the list from a range or does the control load the
values from a variable array at run time? Each of these methods will
have different methods of altering the list of values on the fly.

Alan