Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Box to select printers

I have set up a macro that will print dozens of pages after selecting the
colour printer in the office. This is done by specifying the exact printer in
the macro itself.

I want to send this to people in different locations (these people are not
very clued up on excel). I want to allow them to print but obviously the
printer will be different.

Is there a way I can bring up a drop down box that will allow them to select
their desired printer?

If so what would be the coding (I am only just getting into writing macros
myself).

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks,

What my program actually does is alters the same worksheet and then prints
each time.

The current macro I have is this:

Sub PrintColour()

For i = 1 To j

Range("AF1").Select
ActiveCell.Value = i
Application.Run "'Mystery Shop.xls'!ReOrder"
Application.ActivePrinter = "\\prnl027s\PR000269 on Ne09:"
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, ActivePrinter:= _
"\\prnl027s\PR000269 on Ne09:", Collate:=True

Next i
End Sub

This changes the graph that appears on the screen. What I want to be able to
do is have the user select what printer to use just once and it print it all
on the same one.
What would I need to change to allow this to happen?

Thanks in advance.

"fullers" wrote in message
I have set up a macro that will print dozens of pages after selecting the
colour printer in the office. This is done by specifying the exact printer

in
the macro itself.

I want to send this to people in different locations (these people are not
very clued up on excel). I want to allow them to print but obviously the
printer will be different.

Is there a way I can bring up a drop down box that will allow them to

select
their desired printer?

If so what would be the coding (I am only just getting into writing macros
myself).

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On the first time through, throw up the dialog and get the user to hit the
print button. Subsequent time, you can just do Printout, the printer will
remain selected.

--

HTH

RP

"fullers" wrote in message
I have set up a macro that will print dozens of pages after selecting

the
colour printer in the office. This is done by specifying the exact

printer
in
the macro itself.

I want to send this to people in different locations (these people are

not
very clued up on excel). I want to allow them to print but obviously

the
printer will be different.

Is there a way I can bring up a drop down box that will allow them to

select
their desired printer?

If so what would be the coding (I am only just getting into writing

macros
myself).

Thanks in advance.

Printers Jason Zischke Excel Programming 4 December 1st 05 02:05 AM
Change Printers in VBA Bill Agee Excel Programming 1 November 1st 04 09:02 PM
Printers & LPT Tom Excel Programming 0 November 26th 03 05:39 PM
Enumerating Printers Michael D. Ober[_2_] Excel Programming 8 October 21st 03 01:25 PM
List of Printers Bret Holle Excel Programming 1 September 27th 03 04:39 PM