Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looping macro needed to find intersections of rows and columns

Hello. Please could someone give me or tell me where I can get a macro that
will do the following:

For every cell in a particular column of dates, e.g. column B,
1. store the date in the cell
2. search for that date in a particular row, e.g. row 1 (all the cells in
that row contain dates and each date in the row appears only once)
3. select the cell in that row which contains the stored date
3. select the cell that lies at the intersection of the row that the first
instance of the date is in and the column that the second instance of the
date (i.e the one searched for) is in
4. put the number 1 in the cell at this intersection
5. repeat for next cell down in the column of dates, etc. etc.

I have tried using the macro recorder described in Microsoft Excel 2003 -
Step by Step (published by the Microsoft Press) but it wasn't able to help me
in this case.

Many thanks for any help.

Clifford Middleton
Project Manager from UK