Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Project Unviewable???

Hello,

A colleague of mine recently created an Excel spreadsheet, using
macros, in Excel 97. He has since left and I need to alter some of the
macros but when I try to view them in the Project Viewer, there are no
macros. If i try to expand the project, I get a message saying Project
Unviewable.

Does anyone know how I can get past this and view/change the macros.

Thanks in advance.

--
tanktata
tanktata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4598

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the workbook is shared, you won't be able to view the code.

To turn off sharing, choose Tools Share Workbook
Remove the check mark from Allow changes by more than one user.

tanktata wrote:
Hello,

A colleague of mine recently created an Excel spreadsheet, using
macros, in Excel 97. He has since left and I need to alter some of the
macros but when I try to view them in the Project Viewer, there are no
macros. If i try to expand the project, I get a message saying Project
Unviewable.

Does anyone know how I can get past this and view/change the macros.

Thanks in advance.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

And if your colleague took the workbook home and used a newer version of excel
(xl2k or xl2002???), then xl97 won't open that project.

You'll need to get a newer version of excel to unlock it. (Unlock it, save the
workbook in an unprotected state and then save it using xl97 with a password.)

tanktata wrote:

Hello,

A colleague of mine recently created an Excel spreadsheet, using
macros, in Excel 97. He has since left and I need to alter some of the
macros but when I try to view them in the Project Viewer, there are no
macros. If i try to expand the project, I get a message saying Project
Unviewable.

Does anyone know how I can get past this and view/change the macros.

Thanks in advance.

--
tanktata
tanktata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4598