Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there anyway to do this?

Hello,

I work with an security analyst, who has a spreadsheet stretching ou
to column IV. I told him there are limits to the # of columns an
rows, but he seems to think there is/should be a work around.

I am not aware of anything that will override this limit, does anyon
have a suggestion?

Thank you

--
brade
braden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2522

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No - Excel is limited to 256 columns and that is it!

There are various strategies for wrapping data into multiple rows or using
more than one worksheet but they get horrendously difficult to maintain.

If you post the specifics here there might be a workaround, which will of
course depend on the actual application. But in general if you need more
data columns consider other database products.

--
Cheers
Nigel

"braden" wrote in
message ...

Hello,

I work with an security analyst, who has a spreadsheet stretching out
to column IV. I told him there are limits to the # of columns and
rows, but he seems to think there is/should be a work around.

I am not aware of anything that will override this limit, does anyone
have a suggestion?

Thank you.

--
braden
braden's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you, that is what I thought. I offered some solutions to the
analyst, but he was not satisfied with them. He finally took the word
of our IT head who reiterated what you and I told him.

Thanks again for the response.

--
braden
braden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25226